Image Map

Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Mommy Chicest - Wendy Hirschberg Clurman


Image Courtesy of Wendy Hirschberg Clurman

In 1987, Wendy Hirschberg Clurman began her career at Seventeen magazine, rising to become the publication's Fashion Market Director. She would then go on to become the Fashion Director (market) at Vogue Magazine, reporting directly to Anna Wintour. In September 2002, Wendy established her own freelance Fashion Consulting Business, working with clients such as Theory, Nili Lotan, Magaschoni, Kors by Michael Kors, Matthew Williamson, Anne Klein and EsteĆ© Lauder. Today, Wendy is the VP Fashion Director of the Jones New York Brand under The Jones Group. Throughout the span of her career thus far, she has also taken on the roles of Wife to Michael and Mother to her beautiful daughters, Charlie and Piper. I began working for Wendy during the summer of 2005 when I was still an intern at Marie Claire Magazine. One of my first and fondest memories of Wendy is of her and her then baby daughter, Charlie, snuggling up before one of her consulting appointments. She looked incredibly chic, with the effortless glamour of having it all. I remember constantly being transfixed by the ease and grace of her balance between motherhood and maintaining a highly respected name within the fashion industry, which is in no small part due to her diligent work and undeniable talent. Wendy has been a source of inspiration to me from the day we met and that inspiration has stayed with me as I welcomed my own children into the world.

After founding Darling's Pixie Dust, I approached Wendy about checking in with her periodically about her thoughts on Motherhood and Style, to which she has graciously accepted. Our installments will be short, three question segments - the perfect dose for Mommies on the go. Enjoy!

With love,
Mrs. Darling




Image Courtesy of Wendy Hirschberg Clurman
MD: How has Motherhood changed you?

WHC: Motherhood caused a total shift in my priorities and what is important to me. It puts everything in perspective - Nothing is more important to me than my husband and children and spending time with them.

MD: What is your day-to-day Pixie Dust?

WHC: Cappuccinos and my assistants keep me sane and balanced!

MD: What is your biggest advice to Mothers for maintaining their Chic Card while balancing life and Motherhood?

WHC: Find what looks good on you and stick to a uniform. For me - It's skinny pants, with a blazer and soft shirting. Just because something looks good on your mommy friend, may not be the case for you.

*Stay tuned for more Q&A with Wendy in the coming months!

No comments:

Post a Comment