Image Map

Thursday, November 21, 2013

A Darling Throwback Thursday


June 3, 2008 - Hours before our first child, Isabel, was born. Life has changed so much since that day and we couldn't imagine it any other way. We are thankful every day for the change, the perspective and the blessings that came with starting our family.

When I look back to this time last year, Mr. Darling and I were making our big escape for the evening to the movie theater.  It had been ages since we sat down together without the kids climbing all over us. A movie with popcorn and a soft drink sounded like the perfect indulgence since the reality was, we were too tired to sit across from each other over a dinner in a restaurant. That night we enjoyed the simple pleasure of taking in a movie side by side -- one of our hands in the popcorn, the other hand in each other's. It was bliss, but the real joy of the evening came in a quiet reflection before the movie started. Today, I'm taking advantage of "Throwback Thursday" to share a personal facebook post from last year:

It's been 9 months since [Mr. Darling] and I went to the movie theater. We purchased tickets, found our seats and he went to buy popcorn. After realizing I hadn't put on a hint of make up for our "big night out" sans babies, I reached in my bag for my lip gloss. The first thing I grabbed was a teething ring. The second was a package of grape scented "boogie wipes" and in my coat pocket I found two pacifiers, a glitter tie and a half eaten mini pack of Annies Bunnies-- My life has changed so much in the past 5 years and I'm thankful for every bit of it! Happy Thanksgiving from our home to yours!


With love,
Mrs. Darling

No comments:

Post a Comment