Image Map

Monday, September 30, 2013

Aden + Anais: A Darling Obsession


Aden + Anais is one of those fresh faced companies that produces a versatile, practical and quality product, appealing to both the eye and the heart. The breezy, simple muslin is soft to the touch, breathable, and provides just enough warmth and stretch for an extra tight swaddle - something most newborns crave after leaving the comfort of the womb. The patterns range from sweet and quiet (like the "Night Sky" and "Lovely" pattern)  to bright and happy (like the "Dino-Mite" and "Mod About Baby" pattern) and all maintain an aura of tranquility.

Our Aden + Anais swaddle blankets have been used for everything from swaddling, to nursing covers to makeshift cloaks donned by the finest little dandy in all the land, also know as McClain.  He loves when I tie two corners of his former swaddle blanket in a bow around this shoulders. He runs from the living room to the dining room screaming: Mommy!! Moooommmmmmyyy!!  It's the one time I adore hearing my name screamed over and over again.

Over the years we have fallen in love with every product by Aden + Anais and they are still one of my top registry recommendations and gifts.

Featured below is a compilation of our favorite Aden + Anais pieces and a couple of items we have our eye on! Click on the blue links to view them directly on the site. You can purchase your own collection of products from AdenandAnais.com and also find store locations where their products are being sold. Be sure to head over to the Aden + Anais' website for swaddling tips and learning to care your muslin.

With love,
Mrs. Darling


OUR FAVORITE ITEMS

The Swaddle: Aden + Anais swaddle blankets are divided by classic muslin, organic muslin, cozy muslin and their bamboo muslin. Each collection provides a level of comfort to suit your baby's needs in any season without compromising your needs as a parent (dependability, practically and comfort for both you and baby).

The Sleeping Bag: I found sleeping bags incredibly helpful with both of my children. Parents are strongly discouraged from putting their babies to sleep with blankets in their cribs. In fact, we were advised that when our babies were mobile enough to wriggle out of their swaddle, it was time to do away with the swaddle blanket. With the invention of The Sleeping Bag (I used a similar product called a Sleep Sack before the Aden + Anais Sleeping Bag was introduced), I felt so much more secure at my babies' bedtimes because I knew they were warm and safe. The Sleeping Bag is like a wearable pouch, with holes for each of the arms to move freely and a zipper to keep the baby tucked comfortably inside. As babies grow and become more adjusted to being out of the womb, the need to be tightly wrapped becomes less and less. The Sleep Blanket provides, comfort, warmth and the ability to move and roll, without the risk of suffocation.  It also comes in five variations and multiple patterns depending on your baby's needs.

Dream Blankets: Before we purchased a Dream Blanket for our son, we were re-purposing his swaddle blanket as a crib top sheet. This worked beautifully until he got too tall for his beloved "sheet". Enter the Dream Blanket. This incredible blanket is larger than a swaddle blanket in scale and heavier in weight. Mack loves to be covered up in his Classic Dream Blanket and we even bought one for our five-year-old daughter to cuddle up with during nap or quiet time in her room. These heavenly blankets come in classic, bamboo and organic muslin.

Crib Sheets: These are by far my favorite crib sheets on the market. The price point is on the higher end of the popular bedding brands, but I guarantee that if you purchase these sheets, you will not regret your decision. I have found that I only needed two to keep in a steady rotation and since I wash Mack's sheets two to three times a week, I can tell you that this gentle muslin can take heavy laundering.


WHAT WE HAVE OUR EYE ON

Day Dream Blanket: When I see my children cuddled up with their dream blankets, my immediate thought is: I want one too! The Day Dream Blankets are made from 100% cotton muslin and since they are adult sized, I can also partake in my own personal Aden + Anais love!

Serenity Star: This nursery wonder is bound to be any parent's best friend. This amazing gadget is a "feeding diary, sound machine, room temperature indicator, night-light and clock" When I think back to the days of 2 am feedings and how delirious I was, I wish I had had this amazing product in our babies' nurseries to keep track of it all!

Swaddle Love Book: Mr. Darling was always the master swaddler in the Darling home. Even though his technique needs no improvement, I am taken with Co-Founder and Chief Executive Officer, Raegan Moya-Jones' passion and dedication to Aden + Anais and the pursuit of bringing happiness to babies and parents alike. I can not wait to read her stories and guide on swaddling.

Mack's Dream Blanket in the "Night Sky - Owl + Starburst" patten has been extra comforting after breaking his wrist last week! He barely goes anywhere without it. 





2 comments:

  1. Nice to meet you admin, it's really a very nice article indeed.
    By the away, we are the colourful baby based in USA and provide
    baby care products, here you can visit our official website
    for read the best baby product reviews best baby blankets thanks

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic Post! Lot of information is helpful in some or the other way. Keep updating.muslin baby blankets for newborn 

    ReplyDelete