Image Map

Wednesday, October 2, 2013

It's not rest ... It's Tata


My girlfriend Stacy recently sent me a text that read: "Blog subject for you... The essentials for not looking like the least put-together mom at drop off". I promised her that I was hard at work for all of us who feel like we've been scrapped off the bottom of our breakfast frying pan in the morning.

I decided to start a mini-series on foundations - starting points where one can build polished looks, but still maintain one's personal style. I begin this week with the foundation of skincare. One can wear the most beautiful clothing, but nothing shines like a glowing complexion.  A simple and effective regimen is the key to achieving this goal. The trick is to find a line of products that work well with your skin.

Hormonal skin poses one of the biggest challenges for many mothers at some point during or after their pregnancy. Sleep, water, healthy nutrition and exercise play a vital role in a glowing complexion, but as many mothers know, these four important elements are often hard to maintain, especially during a rushed day, when all you had to eat was your child's left over mini bag of Pirate's Booty.

When my own skincare regimen lost it's effectiveness on my post-pregnancy complexion, and everything I tried caused my sensitive skin to flare up in protest, I turned to Tata Harper. This particular line tamed my hormonal skin after just one week of religious use. After six months, I swear by all of the products in my regimen and refer to Tata Harper as "Mommy's Miracle".  My skin is supple, bright and I feel confident leaving our home with little to no makeup at morning drop off!

Tata Harper's, eco-friendly, all-natural products are gentle, effective and suited for the most irritable skin. My personal line up includes four main products and one weekly mask. Please click on the green links below to view and purchase the products directly on the Tata Harper website!

With love,
Mrs. Darling


My Tata Harper Regimen Picks



Regenerating Cleanser: This day and night gentle exfoliating cleanser is the ultimate refresher for tired, dull and sensitive skin. I have found that a little goes a long way. I use about a nickel size amount and after each use, my skin feels fresh, clean and well prepped for the rest of my routine.

Hydrating Floral Essence: I have found this misting facial toner to be a key part in maintaining a natural glow. I use it after cleansing, before applying my serum and moisturizer and even as a finishing touch to my makeup application. It's ingredients include beet root, vitamin C, pink clay, witch hazel, Gotu Kola and jasmine extract.  The fragrance is natural and extremely refreshing. I mist my face with 3 sprays and afterward, gently pat the essence into my skin.

Rejuvenating Serum: This wonder serum is the third step in my day and night regimen. It minimizes the signs of aging and restores that youthful glow that I had been yearning for since the birth of my second child. One of the many marvelous ingredients in this effective serum is Menyanthes Trifoliata, which stimulates collagen production. I use 2 pumps of the serum and lightly blend it into my face and neck  while they are still damp with the Hydrating Floral Essence.

Repairative Moisturizer: One of my hormonal skin issues was dryness and my favorite thing about this wonderfully rich moisturizer is that it is absorbed quickly into the skin. There is a line between a healthy glow and an oily glaze. This moisturizer, in combination with my other three day and night products, gave me the hydration I needed without leaving me with a sticky, slippery feeling and look to my skin. It's ingredients include safflower oleosomes, cocoa extracts, raw honey and fresh rose.  I use 2 pumps of the moisturizer and in upward, circular motions, massage it into my face and neck.

Resurfacing Mask: I use this award winning mask 2 - 3 times a week in the evening depending on how much time I have or how tired I am at the end of the day. I apply a thick layer immediately after cleansing and drying my face. I leave the mask on for about 30 minutes before rinsing with warm water and proceeding with the rest of my regimen.  I noticed that after each use, my complexion was brighter and the fine lines around my mouth were instantly smoothed. One morning I broke routine and used this mask before meeting a friend for coffee. After complaining about how exhausted I was, she told me that I looked surprisingly well-rested. I told her: It's not rest ... It's Tata.



*Mrs. Darling Side Note: Skincare regimens can be a costly commitment. Tata Harper understands that and offers a "Try Me" Kit offered only on the Tata Harper Website.  Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment